Saturday, July 04, 2026

Learning to Use Ghostwriter To Write In Markdown...

Learning Markdown Practice 001 - 07-04-2026

Just me learning MarkDown file editing.

  1. I understand that a single asterisk on either side of a character or string will make it Italic.
  2. I also understand that TWO asterisks to either side of a character will render it BOLD.
  3. I further understand that THREE asterisks to either side of a character will render it both Italic and Bold at The same time.

Now I’m curious about links - I think I understand links in markdown, but I’ll try them here below for testing purposes.

  1. So I think this will give a link to my main poetry blog: Spell Book Poetry - Let’s test it and see… Beautiful, that definitely worked.
  2. Now let’s try an image display:
    - Happy 250th Birthday, USA!

Beautiful! Now, let’s try both Structured and Unstructured lists:

First, a couple of strucured list formats, hopefully:

  1. One
  2. Two
  3. Three

A. A B. B - Hmm. Looks like only numerically structured lists, or I don’t know the correct alphabetically-structured syntax yet.

Non-structured lists:

  • Asterisk bullet 1
  • Asterisk bullet 2
  • Asterisk bullet 3

Now, I’m not 100% on what a Block Quote is yet, but let’s try it:

“This is my first ‘Block Quote,’ so I wanted to see what it looks like.” - Dan Stafford, just now. {02:09 PDT on 07-04-2026}

Wow, that was kind of cool - and I think that’s the majority of Mark Down syntax I’ll use. I don’t currently write code except for light HTML.

I Like Mark Down. It’s simple and lightweight, without distractions.

Now to figure out how to get Mark Down converted to HTML… - also Dan Stafford




Ghostwriter can be found HERE at GHOSTWRITER's page.

For Windows, once you download the Ghostwriter installer and extract it to a folder, you can just click on Ghostwriter.exe" to run the program. I just right-clicked the application on the taskbar and pinned it to the taskbar while it was running. Simple stuff.

Have Fun! - Dan

2 comments:

  1. I guess I still need to work on image sizing a bit, but it's getting late. - Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah - I managed it - because it was operator error. I was using "SIZE" as the HTML image size parameter, and needed to be using HEIGHT or WIDTH.

    ReplyDelete