Wednesday, July 01, 2026

Blue Ships...

Blue Ships... 


Uploaded Image


There's a story just a little old,
Still needing to be told,
Forever is far too long to hold, 
A wistful pan of fools' gold.

She was like an angel,
A glory to behold,
Stars in my eyes,
I would never have believed,
Always knew she was way out of my league.

Years and decades,
Dancing in the corner of my eye,
I still sometimes sigh,
But I can't lie,
I was was a wistful fool,
Didn't know what was true,
As time wastefully slipped by,
Can't play it cool,
It's all about what we did and didn't do.

One night she said it out,
"Love him to death,
We should've married long, long ago,
Just never happened." 

My jaw hit the floor,
As she walked out the door,
Never to fill my eyes again,
Haunted by what we did and didn't win.

She was like an angel,
A glory to behold,
Stars in my eyes,
I would never have believed,
Always knew she was way out of my league.

And as I reminisce,
It always seems amiss,
And I will be the one,
And she will be the one,
We both will be the ones who got away.

And I will be the one,
And she will be the one,
We both will be the ones who got away.

Haunts me to this day,
True but sad to say,
And I will be the one,
And she will be the one,
We both will be the ones who got away.

AquarianM

By: Daniel A. Stafford
© 06/30/2026

No comments:

Post a Comment